Connecticut College News
Storm Cancellation Information02/11/2013
Storm Update: Monday, Feb. 11, 2013: 11:20 a.m.
The Striving for Global Justice keynote speech by two-time Pulitzer Prize-winning New York Times columnist and human rights activist Nicholas Kristof has been postponed until Wednesday, Feb. 13, at 4:30 p.m. in Evans Hall.
Oasis Snack Shop is open regular hours today.
Storm Update: Sunday, Feb. 10, 2013: 9:30 p.m.
Administrative offices are closed Monday. Some classes may be held; students should check with faculty about classes.
The Striving for Global Justice event with Nicholas Kristof will happen as scheduled at 4:30 p.m. in Evans Hall. [UPDATE: This event has been postponed.]
The Office of Student Life, the Office of Student Engagement and Leadership Education, the Office of Residential Education and Living and the Office of Health Services are all open Monday. Counseling services are closed on Monday.
Shain library is open regular hours (8 a.m. - 2 a.m.) Monday.
All Dining facilities will be open Monday, except Knowlton.
The Fitness Center and Athletic Center will be open from 10 am to 6pm on Monday. Lott Natatorium (the pool) will be closed. We strongly encourage people to walk to the Athletic Center as there is very limited parking.
Athletics Update: Men’s Hockey plays at home against Hamilton at 4:30 p.m. in Dayton Arena. The basketball games with Colby that were postponed are being played on Tuesday and Wednesday at Tufts University: Men vs. Colby, Tuesday, February 12 at 8 p.m. Women vs. Colby, Wednesday, February 13 at 8 p.m.
Storm Update: Sunday, Feb. 10, 2013: 12 p.m.
Connecticut College is officially open as of midnight last night.
Shain Library is open as of 10 a.m. this morning.
The Athletic Center is open, but the pool is closed. Parking at the Athletic Center is very limited today; if you are on campus, please walk to the Athletic Center.
The parking ban on the main campus remains in effect through Sunday. All students, staff and campus visitors should park in South Lot, North Lot, Gravel Lot or Athletic Center lot north of Dayton Arena. Limited visitor parking is available in front of Cummings Arts Center.
Men's and Women's Basketball will both play vs. Bowdoin College today, at 3 p.m. and 5 p.m. respectively.
Men's hockey vs. Amherst will be at 2 p.m. today, and will be streamed online.
Storm Update: Saturday, Feb. 9, 2013: 8 p.m.
Connecticut College is transitioning out of snow emergency mode and will be officially open at midnight.
The parking ban on the main campus remains in effect through Sunday. All students, staff and campus visitors should park in South Lot, North Lot, Gravel Lot or Athletic Center lot north of Dayton Arena.
Harris Refectory, Shain Library and the Oasis Snack Shop will be open regular hours on Sunday.
Men's and Women's Basketball will both play vs. Bowdoin College tomorrow, at 3 p.m. and 5 p.m. respectively. Basketball games vs. Colby have been cancelled.
Storm Update: Saturday, Feb. 9, 2013: 12:15 p.m.
Harris will be the only dining hall open today. As more staff are able to travel to campus, offerings at Harris will be expanded.
Oasis Snack Shop and Cro Bar are both closed today.
The Athletic Center is open from 2 - 5 p.m.
Storm Update: Saturday, Feb. 9, 2013: 10:45 a.m.
Please be aware that while crews have been working to clear walkways, many are still snow covered. Remain cautious when moving around campus.
Shain Library will open at noon today.
Many athletic events have been postponed or rescheduled [UPDATED as of 2:30 p.m]:
- Hall of Fame: The 2012 Connecticut College Athletic Hall of Fame event has been postponed. Information on a new date for the dinner and unveiling of the plaques will be released in the near future.
- Basketball: Saturday games vs. Bowdoin have been cancelled. The Connecticut College-Colby NESCAC basketball doubleheader has been moved back from Friday to Sunday, February 10 with a 2 p.m. tip for the men and a 4 p.m. start time for the women.
- Hockey: There will be no NESCAC hockey played in New London Saturday. Sunday afternoon, the Camels will host Amherst College for a 2 p.m. game. At 5 p.m., Tufts will take on Hamilton College at Dayton Arena. The Camels will host Hamilton College Monday afternoon at 4 p.m.
- Squash: The Camels are scheduled to take on the Bryant Bulldogs Sunday at 1 p.m. All other matches from their home round robin tournament have been wiped out.
- Away Games: The Division III Squash Individual Championship at Bowdoin College has been cancelled and will not be re-scheduled. The Boston University Valentine Track & Field Invitational has also been cancelled. The MIT Track & Field Invitational has been moved to Sunday.
We will continue to update as appropriate. Updates are also available on Facebook at www.facebook.com/ConnecticutCollege and up-to-the-minute information is available on Twitter @ConnCollege and @ConnCollegeLive.
Storm Update: Friday, Feb. 8, 2013, 7:00 p.m.
Shain Library is closed as of 7 p.m. this evening, and will reopen at 10 a.m. tomorrow. [UPDATE: Shain will open at noon on Saturday]
Storm Update: Friday, Feb. 8, 2013, 3:45 p.m.
- Jane Addams Dining Hall will be open for dinner from 4:30 - 7:30 p.m.
- Harris Dining Hall will be open for dinner from 4:30 - 8 p.m.
- Harris will be the only dining hall open, as usual. Service may be limited.
- Oasis Snack Shop will open on Saturday at noon. [UPDATE: Oasis will be closed on Saturday.]
Storm Update: Friday, Feb. 8, 2013, 11:30 a.m.
Snow is falling in eastern Connecticut and high winds are expected later this afternoon. Road conditions will continue to deteriorate and winds may make visibility difficult. Please use caution when outside.
Power remains ON throughout campus, and the College is prepared for potential outages. Students, please note that even if we lose power, use of candles (or lamps or lanterns that are fueled by flammable liquids or gases), is strictly prohibited inside all residence halls, houses and apartments.
The parking ban will remain in place on the main campus through the weekend. All students, staff and campus visitors should park in South Lot, North Lot, Gravel Lot or Athletic Center lot north of Dayton Arena.
Here are the latest updates and cancellations:
- Tonight's onStage performance featuring David Dorfman Dance is cancelled. Ticket holders can obtain refunds through the Ticket Office in Palmer when it reopens Monday, or can convert ticket price into tax-deductible donation to the College.
- Student Health Services and Student Counseling Services are closed today. For emergencies, please call Campus Safety at 860-439-2222.
- Knowlton Dining Hall is closed for lunch today; other dining facilities remain open.
- The Athletic Center closes at 4 p.m.; the pool closes at 3 p.m.; all athletics contests scheduled for today are postponed until a later date.
- The Athletics Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony scheduled for Saturday is postponed.
- SOS, the career and internship workshop for juniors and seniors featuring Connecticut College alumni and originally scheduled for Saturday, is postponed.
- Shain Library is open until 10 p.m.
- The IT Service Desk walk-in center and call center will be open until 3 p.m. After 3 p.m., all emergency IT requests can be submitted online at http://webhelpdesk.conncoll.edu.
- The Shabbat dinner tonight in Freeman is cancelled.
- Coffee Grounds is open throughout the weekend during its regularly scheduled hours.
- Lamdin Game Room is open all weekend.
- Administrative offices are closed today.
- Some classes will take place – students should check with their professors before assuming class is cancelled.
- The Oasis Snack Shop will close at 6 p.m.
- Cro Bar is closed tonight.
- The Housing Lottery Information Session originally scheduled for today will be rescheduled.
- CamelVan service is cancelled today and will resume Saturday from 2 - 10 p.m. and Sunday 2 - 7 p.m. if roads are safe.
We will update you as appropriate. Updates are also available on Facebook at www.facebook.com/ConnecticutCollege and up-to-the-minute information is available on Twitter @ConnCollege and @ConnCollegeLive.
Storm Update: Friday, Feb. 8, 2013, 8:30 a.m.
Connecticut College's administrative offices are closed today, Friday, Feb. 8, 2013, due to inclement weather.
Some classes will take place - students should check with their professors before assuming class is cancelled.
There will be a parking ban on the main campus through the weekend to facilitate snow removal. Please park in the South Lot, North Lot, Gravel Lot or at the Athletic Center in the lot north of Dayton Arena.
- Shain Library will remain open for its regular operating hours.
- Most dining facilities are scheduled to be open for regular operating hours.
- Knowlton is closed for lunch today.
- Coffee Grounds will be open regular hours.
- The Oasis Snack Shop will close at 6 p.m.
- Cro Bar is closed tonight.
- Lamdin Game Room will be open all day.
- All athletics contests scheduled for today have been postponed. The athletic center and fitness center will close today at 4 p.m. The pool will close at 3 p.m.
- Shabbat dinner in Freeman is cancelled.
- Tonight's OnStage performance has been cancelled. Ticket holders can get refunds through the box office when it reopens or turn their tickets into tax-deductible donations to the College.
For media inquiries, please contact:
Deborah MacDonnell (860) 439-2504, firstname.lastname@example.org