International Student Application Requirements & Deadlines
Admission to Connecticut College is competitive and highly selective. Each year, a class of 500 students is selected from approximately 5,000 applicants. Connecticut College seeks students from a variety of backgrounds - cultural, spiritual, sexual orientation, economic, racial, ethnic and geographical - who demonstrate academic and personal excellence. The secondary school record is most important. Also, qualities such as leadership, intellectual curiosity and accomplishment in non-academic areas are highly valued.
First-Year Application Checklist
- Common Application
- An official record of secondary (or higher secondary) school work with all courses and grades, including results (or probable results) of final examinations
- An explanation of the grading system used by your school provided on the International Supplement to the Secondary School Report
- Two letters of recommendation from a teacher
- Optional results of the SAT Reasoning Test, two SAT Subject Tests or ACT (Learn more about our standardized test policy)
- To applicants whose native language is not English: Official score report on an English proficiency examination
- Non-US citizens must submit a 2015-16 Certification of Finances (pdf)
International students are welcome to apply under either Early Decision option.
|First-Year Admission||Common App & Writing Supplement
|Early Decision I
|November 15||November 15||mid-December|
|Early Decision II (ED II)||January 1||January 15||mid-February|
|Regular Decision Spring Entry||November 1||November 1*||late November|
|Regular Decision Fall Entry||January 1||February 1||late March|
* Financial Aid is not available for non-U.S. citizens applying for Regular Decision spring entry.
Due to delays in international mail, we suggest that you embark on the application process early so that our evaluation can be completed in a timely manner.