The Academic Resource Center (ARC) is for the entire College community and provides academic support services for all students so that they may reach their maximum academic potential. Although the primary goal is to assist students in becoming more efficient and effective learners, the ARC is available to all who wish to improve their academic skills and ability to learn.
Missions and Objectives
The goals and objectives for the ARC are to:
- bring together and expand programs for effective learning through a model that invites thoughtful, curious, and engaged participation
- collaborate with faculty to help drive teaching styles and methods, advising and academic assistance, and to help them respond more effectively to the individual learning needs of all students, making them the best learners possible
- maintain a model that reflects and encourages sustained and meaningful connection among and between students and faculty
- provide and promote a comprehensive and integrated network of services that supports the academic mission of the College and facilitates student learning, engagement, and success
- provide a place to foster growth of existing programs that will contribute to student skill development.
Students and alumni engage in week-long career development program.
Fast Forward focuses on team-building and presentation skills while providing students with direct feedback from alumni during mock one-on-one interviews, and through real-time critiques of their group business plans. The program is sponsored by the College’s Academic Resource Center in partnership with the Office of Alumni Engagementand the Office of Career and Professional Development.
Noel Garrett, dean of academic support and director of the Academic Resource Center, explained that the program was initially designed to teach students how to take some of what they’ve learned in the classroom and apply that knowledge in real scenarios that the professional who provided the case study actually experienced.
This weeklong intensive program is held mid-January.