Procurement Code of Ethics
Procurement Services subscribes to the National Association of Educational Procurement (NAEP) Code of Ethics. It is the responsibility of any individual who procures on behalf of Connecticut College to adhere to the following NAEP Code.
- Give first consideration to the objectives and policies of my institution.
- Strive to obtain the maximum value for each dollar of expenditure.
- Never solicit or accept money, loans, credits, or prejudicial discounts, and avoid the acceptance of gifts, entertainment, favors, or services from present or potential suppliers which might influence or appear to influence procurement decisions.
- Grant all competitive suppliers equal consideration insofar as state or federal stature and institutional policy permit through the promotion of positive supplier relationships through impartiality in all phases of the procurement cycle.
- Conduct business with potential and current suppliers in an atmosphere of good faith, devoid of intentional misrepresentation while displaying the highest ideals of honor and integrity in all public and personal relationships in order to merit the respect and inspire the confidence of the public being served.
- Avoid the intent and appearance of unethical or compromising practice in relationships, actions, and communications from any private or professional activity that would create a conflict between personal interests and the interests of Connecticut College.
- Provide an environment where all business concerns, large or small, majority- or minority-owned, are afforded an equal opportunity to compete for Connecticut College business.
- Demonstrate loyalty to Connecticut College by diligently following all lawful instructions while using professional judgment, reasonable care, and exercising only the authority granted.
- Cooperate with trade, industrial and professional associations for the purposes of promoting and developing sound business methods.
- Counsel and cooperate with NAEP members and promote a spirit of unity and a keen interest in professional growth among them.