Information for Students, Faculty and Staff

The Camel Card is the official College ID card and an important aspect of daily campus life. Use of the Camel Card is governed by the College’s Camel Card Holder Agreement.

View Camel Card information especially for parents. 

The Camel Card Office

The Camel Card Office is located in the College Center at Crozier-Williams ("Cro").

Hours are 9 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, during the academic year; 9 a.m.- noon and 1-3 p.m., Monday through Friday, during summer, spring and winter breaks. Call 860-439-2250 or email

Where and how to use the Camel Card

  • Gain access to residence houses, various classrooms and labs, athletic facilities and the dining halls
  • Check out out library materials
  • Do laundry
  • Print documents and make photocopies
  • Make purchases at the Bookshop, Campus Post Office, Oasis Snack Shop, and the Walk-In Coffee Closet at Ruane’s Den

About the funds on your Camel Card

The Camel Card comes with two declining-balance accounts, one called Camel Cash, and another called Dining Dollars. The Camel Cash account can be used wherever the Camel Card is accepted. The Dining Dollars account can be used at any one of the five dining halls and at Oasis Snack Shop.

How to add Camel Cash to a Camel Card

Camel Cash accounts have no pre-loaded funds. You can add Camel Cash to a Camel Card 24/7.

Deposits can be made online using Visa, MasterCard or Discover by the Camel Card holder as well as parents, friends or relatives of the Camel Card holder.

To deposit money into an account, you must enter the card holder’s Camel Card ID number and last name.

  • Camel Cash account holders with a College login and password should visit their Camel Card Account on CamelWeb.
  • Parents, friends or relatives should visit the Camel Cash Guest Deposit Portal. "Customer Number" is the same as the Camel Card ID number. 

Funds are available immediately after a deposit.

Keys and Camel Card access

The Camel Card Office will initiate a lock change and issue a student a replacement residence hall room key should their key become lost or stolen. The initial door key is issued to students by the Residential Education and Living (REAL) office upon arrival or for a change of room assignment. Student’s card access to the outside doors of the residence halls is programmed automatically based on their residence hall assignment. 

Students, faculty, or staff must complete a Key Request Card, available at the Camel Card Office if they require key access to other spaces. Department chairs or directors may request card access for individuals to particular rooms and buildings as needed by filling out a Key Request Card. 

How to replace a lost Camel Card

Replacement Camel Cards are available at the Camel Card Office located in the College Center at Crozier-Williams during regular office hours. There is a $25 fee for a replacement card. 

Student Laundry

Washers and dryers are provided in each residence house. Each laundry room will be equipped with a card reader allowing students to use their Camel Cash via their ID to do their laundry. Further details will soon be available.  If you have any laundry-related questions or need to request service for a washer or dryer on campus, please email your service request to

Register a car and get a parking permit

All student, faculty, and staff vehicles operated or parked on the Connecticut College campus must be properly registered and display a valid parking permit issued by the Camel Card Office. The Motor Vehicle Regulations section covers campus vehicle registration, parking permits, vehicle operation and the campus parking plan.

Please note: You will need your license and car registration to register your vehicle.

Parking ticket appeal forms

Please note: Parking ticket appeal forms are available at Nichols House, south campus, or the gatehouse, not in the Camel Card Office. Call Campus Safety at 860-439-2251 for hours of operation.