Several impressive research laboratories are housed in the department of physics, astronomy and geophysics where students work with faculty members on exciting research and independent study projects and often publish as co-authors.
Faculty areas of expertise include:
- Low energy molecular collisions
- Economic geology and geochemistry
- Geographic information systems
- Classical mechanics
- Atomic and molecular physics
- Ion-molecule and ion-atom collisions
- Free-space optical communication
- Semiconductor device physics with lasers and detectors
- Bio-imagers for optogenetic applications
- Civil engineering
Meet our physics, astronomy and geophysics department faculty by viewing their faculty profiles and areas of specialization to see what might interest you!