The following information is posted to ensure Connecticut College stays in compliance with the Department of Defense Instruction 1322.25.
Per Department of Defense, all tuition costs must be hourly rate per credit type. Flat-rate costs are not acceptable.
- For institutions with full-time programs that only have flat-rate amounts, tuition cost must be broken down into a "per credit" cost for full time students.
- For institutions with full-time and/or part-time flat-rates, use the following calculations to figure the cost per semester hour:
Undergraduate example: Per year tuition cost ($50,000) X number of years to complete program (4) = $200,000 / total number of semester hours to complete program (120) = cost per hour ($1,667).
The institution must select at least one standard tuition type:
- Military, In-State, Out-of-State, Distance Learning/Online, etc. OR
- Make a manual entry
Enter the associated hourly rate for each credit type selected.
- Per DoD, flat-rate tuition is not acceptable.
- If your institution has programs that are full-time and only have flat-rate amounts, you must break down the tuition into a "per credit cost" for full-time students. NO exceptions.
- For institutions with Full-Time and/or Part-Time flat rates, use the following calculations to figure the per semester hour:
For Undergraduate example: Tuition cost ($50,000) X number of years to complete program (4) = $200,000 / total number of semester hours to complete program (120) = cost per hour ($1,666).
Note: ALL tuition rates to include per credit hour rates, must be listed on the institution's website for verification. NO EXCEPTIONS.
PLEASE NOTE, ALL MATRICULATED UNDERGRADUATE (except Return to College) STUDENTS ARE REQUIRED TO BE ENROLLED FULL TIME.
Undergraduate example for 2022-2023 at Connecticut College: Per year tuition cost ($62,235) X number of year to complete program (4) = $248,940 / total number of semester hours to complete the program (128) = cost per hour ($1,944.84).