The College offers parent programs throughout the academic year, beginning with Orientation on Aug. 23. Mark your calendars for Fall Weekend, our annual celebration for parents, alumni and students, Oct. 10-12, 2014, and make your hotel reservations early.
Parents can also take in the College community by enjoying a wide range of lectures, concerts and athletic events, most of which are free and open to the public. View the campus calendar at http://calendar.conncoll.edu.
Supporting the College through the Connecticut College Annual Fund is another way for parents to get involved and endorse the extraordinary education and opportunities the College provides their sons and daughters. Annual Fund gifts support virtually every aspect of a Connecticut College education — internships, study abroad, faculty-student research, athletics, financial aid, visiting scholars and so much more.
- speak on campus about your career
- arrange an internship for a student — students are eager for placements arranged through Connecticut College parents, especially if they might serve as a mentor or help make contacts with others in a given field.
- support your student's athletic team
- host a reception to welcome new students from your area
- join the Arboretum and Friends of the Library
- attend performing arts events