Facilities Management: Extension 2253 or dial (860) 439-2253
Director of EH&S: Extension 2252 or dial (860) 439-2252
Campus Safety: 111, 2222 or dial (860) 439-2222
In the event of a utility failure that occurs during regular working hours (8:30 AM through 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday), immediately notify Facilities Management.
If the utility failure occurs after hours, weekends, or on holidays, notify Campus Safety.
If an emergency exists, or if there is potential danger to building occupants, activate the building fire alarms.
- Gas Leak - IMMEDIATELY cease all operations, and evacuate the building! DO NOT Switch on or off, any lights or electrical equipment. Remember, electrical arcing can trigger an explosion! Call Campus Safety from a phone outside of the gas leak area.
- Electrical/Light Failure - Emergency lighting systems should provide sufficient illumination to exit buildings in an orderly manner.
- Elevator Failure - If you are trapped in the elevator, use the emergency phone to directly notify Campus Safety. If the emergency phone, is not working, activate the emergency alarm to signal for help. Both are located on the elevator front panel.
- Plumbing Failure/Flooding - Cease using all electrical equipment. Notify Campus Safety. If necessary, evacuate the area.
- Sewage Spill – Notify Facilities Management. Confined spaces that contain sewage is at risk for elevated levels of methane or hydrogen sulfide. Always follow safety procedures for Confined Spaces entry. Wear proper Personal Protective equipment, and properly dispose of spill cleanup materials.
- Steam Line Failure - Evacuate the area and notify Facilities Management.
- Ventilation Problem - If a laboratory fume hood malfunctions or stops working, all lab work must halt. If smoke, or the smell of smoke appear to come from the ventilation system, activate the alarm system, cease all operations and evacuate the building.
- Telephone System Failure - Utilizing alternate means of reporting (cell phones, radios or in person), notify Facility Management.