Human Development Courses
We have a very long history of service learning and community engagement in the human development department. Three-quarters of our courses have a service-learning component: You can expect to be out in the community making scholarly links between what you are learning in your textbooks and what you see in the community.
View the College Catalog for the human devleopment major/minor requirements, complete course listings and course descriptions.
- Children's Rights and Public Policy
- Child and Family Policy
- The Social World of Children and Families
- Adolescent Development
- Media, Self and Society
- Children and Families in a Multicultural Society
- Development Research in Language
- Ethnography, Socialization and the Construction of Self and Identity
- Development of Black Children and Families (First-Year Seminar)
- Children in Learning Environments
- Individual Differences in Development
Department of Human Development
270 Mohegan Ave.
New London, CT 06320-4196