1911 - Connecticut College is founded.
1930 - Child development becomes a major. A nursery school opens in a farmhouse across from the Arboretum (now Bolles House).
1973 - The Connecticut College Program for Children with Special Needs is founded.
1996 - The two programs merge into one: the Chidren's Program.
1997 - Department of Child Development becomes Department of Human Development.
2002 - Department building is renamed Bolles House in honor of early city of New London founders and College patrons.
2006 - Professor Sunil Bhatia is awarded the College's John S. King Memorial Teaching Award for excellence in teaching.
2007 - Professor Margaret Sheridan, director of the Children's Program, is awarded the College Medal, the College's highest distinction.
2007 - Kathryn O'Connor joins the Children's Program as its new director.