International Student Application Requirements and Deadlines
Admission to Connecticut College is competitive and highly selective. Connecticut College seeks students from a variety of backgrounds - cultural, spiritual, sexual orientation, economic, racial, ethnic and geographical - who demonstrate academic and personal excellence. The secondary school record is most important. Also, qualities such as leadership, intellectual curiosity and accomplishment in non-academic areas are highly valued.
First-Year Application Checklist
- Common Application — There is no fee to apply for admission to Connecticut College.
- An official record of secondary (or higher secondary) school work with all courses and grades, including results (or probable results) of final examinations
- An explanation of the grading system used by your school provided on the International Supplement to the School Report
- Two academic teacher recommendations and one counselor commendation.
- *Optional* Results of the SAT Reasoning Test, two SAT Subject Tests or ACT (Learn more about our standardized test policy)
- If English is not your native language: the TOEFL, IELTS, Duolingo or PTE is required.
- Non-US citizens must submit a Certification of Finances 2021-22 (pdf)
International students are welcome to apply under either Early Decision option.
Connecticut College is extending our Regular Decision and Early Decision II deadlines by two weeks because ... well, 2020.
A global pandemic. Wildfires. Economic turmoil. Social unrest. Earthquakes. Hurricanes. Tornadoes. Volcanic eruptions. Flooding. Large-scale explosions. We've even seen damaging swarms of locusts!
It's been a year, to say the least. So we want to give you some extra time to get your college application ready and to decide where you'd like to submit it. We hope that will include Conn, and we hope that 2020 gets better for all of us!
The new deadline for RD and ED II is Jan. 15, 2021.
|First-Year Admission||Common App Deadline||Financial Aid
|Early Decision I
|November 15||November 15||mid-December|
|Early Decision II (ED II)||January 15||January 15||mid-February|
|Regular Decision Spring Entry||November 1||November 1*||late November|
|Regular Decision Fall Entry||January 15||January 15||late March|
* Connecticut College cares deeply about the successful transition of each and every student to our residential community. As a result, non-U.S. citizens are generally not admitted for the spring semester, unless they have graduated from a high school in the U.S.