Student Health Services is a licensed, outpatient clinic attending to the immediate primary health needs of all matriculated Connecticut College students. Our purpose is to help students maintain optimal general health through the disciplines of physical and mental health, and health education around lifestyle choices. This is accomplished with the help of a full-time staff of board certified and credentialed health care providers and professional support staff. All professional services are delivered with attention to confidentiality. In the event of a serious illness or injury, parents or guardian will be notified at the discretion of the staff.
Students have the ability to schedule appointments online 24/7 through the Connecticut College Student Health Services' Web Portal.
Once at this site, you can click on “Appt. Scheduling” and find a time to come in that fits into your schedule. Students may also make an appointment by calling 860-439-2275.
Students who do not attend their scheduled appointment will be charged a $25 no-show fee.
Hours (during the academic year)
Student Health Services Hours Week of 1/20/20 - 1/24/20
|Tuesday||8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.|
|Friday||8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.|
We offer the following services:Urgent and primary care (including GYN) visits with nurse practitioners
- MD appointments onsite ($150 consultation fee, $90 follow-up)*
- Prescription delivery from a local pharmacy
- Physicals for sports/travel/study abroad
- Specialist referrals
- Health promotion programs and information
- Routine laboratory tests onsite; labs not processed here are sent to Quest Diagnostics outpatient lab and will be billed to your insurance
- A limited number of common medications without added charge
- Travel immunizations and information
- LGBTQIA inclusive patient-centered care
- HIV counseling and testing
- Sexually transmitted infection screening and treatment
- Contraceptive counseling with onsite options available
- Emergency contraception (EC). For further information on EC you may look at www.not-2-late.com
*Students with private insurance may visit our web portal,https://connc.studenthealthportal.com, and follow these steps to print a receipt to submit to their carrier for any reimbursement:
- Register for an account if you have not previously done so (an email will be sent to your Connecticut College email account with a temporary password)
- Sign in
- Click on Appointment Scheduling
- Click on View Appointments
- Click on Previous Appointments
- Choose the appropriate receipt and print
Medical Excuse Policy
Health Services does not provide students with notes to take to their faculty confirming medical treatment. Issues of developmental, privacy and workload factors inform this policy. Students are responsible for providing faculty the grounds for the absences, and for conforming to the attendance requirements of particular courses. Students, like the rest of us, are protected from having medical information released without their permission. At the time of treatment, students are encouraged to email their professors regarding their absence and "cc" us in the note. That allows us to confirm the visit and speak to faculty if requested.
Students under treatment for health reasons outside of Student Health Services (SHS) may bring documentation to SHS to be submitted to their health record. This documentation will assist in the support SHS may offer to the dean regarding missed classes/work. FERPA / HIPAA privacy act