The College offers parent programs throughout the academic year, beginning with Orientation.
Mark your calendars for Fall Weekend and make your hotel reservations early. It will be a great time to visit with your student.
You'll also be invited to key academic events in your student's career, such as the spring Honors and Awards ceremony and to talks and receptions in the area where you live. The campus is vibrant with lectures, discussions, concerts, athletic events, exhibits, and performances daily during the academic year. Most are free and open to the public. You are welcome to attend any of them. For a schedule, view the campus calendar at http://calendar.conncoll.edu/.
There are many ways for parents to become active:
- Speak on campus about your career
- Arrange an internship for a student — students are eager for placements arranged through Connecticut College parents, especially if they might serve as a mentor or help make contacts with others in a given field.
- Support your student's athletic team
- Host a reception to welcome new students from your area
- Join the Arboretum and Friends of the Library
- Attend performing arts events, like OnStage
Whatever your level of involvement, the College is grateful, and our entire College community benefits.