Fees and Payments
The comprehensive fee for 2014-2015 is $60,895. It supports all aspects of a Connecticut College education, from academic programs to housing and dining services, athletics, financial aid, internships and study away opportunities.
Student fees make up 83 percent of the College's operating budget ($134.9 million in 2014-2015). The remaining 17 percent of the cost of each student's education is funded by income from the endowment and gifts to the College.
Fees are payable on the dates indicated below. Any special arrangements must be documented in writing between the bursar and the student at least one week before the payment is due.
The College uses an online billing system called CCPay. Bills are issued electronically. When a statement is available for payment, students receive an email at their Connecticut College email address or a text message to their cell phone. Students can also add authorized payers – such as parents – to view their accounts, make payments and enroll in a payment plan. Only students can grant access to their accounts. The College cannot add parents or other users to CCPay due to the U.S. Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act. Parents should speak to their student if they would like access to his or her account. Statements are usually emailed 30 days before payments are due. Access CCPay, the College's online billing system.
Reservation payment due May 1, 2014, or on acceptance: $500
Aug. 8, 2014: $29,947.50
Jan. 9, 2015: $30,447.50
Reservation payment due April 4, 2014, or on acceptance: $300
Aug. 8, 2014: $30,147.50
Jan. 9, 2015: $30,447.50
Students bills will also reflect any charges for parking fees, library fines or damage to the residence halls. In the Campus Life/Residential Living section, learn how to avoid charges for damaged rooms or parking violations.
All of our financial aid awards are based on need. Eligibility is determined through a detailed assessment of the income, assets and special circumstances presented by the family. Aid can be from federal, state and Connecticut College sources; we also review loan requests and student employment requests. Students with family incomes less than $75,000 are eligible for financial aid packages that include reduced loans.
The College makes available a tuition refund plan offered through A.W.G. Dewar. The Tuition Refund Plan provides means for protecting parents from the financial consequences of withdrawals and dismissals due to injury or illness. The College also offers a convenient tuition payment plan.
Contact the bursar
Contact Donna Scott, bursar, in Accounting, 860-439-2079, fax 860-439-2095 with questions or concerns.
Donna Scott, Bursar
Office of the Controller
Accounts Receivable/Accounting Assistant