Q: What is the purpose of a payment plan?

Payment plans allow you to budget the comprehensive fee over the semester, instead of following the traditional semester payment due date schedule.  The payment plan is designed so that the parent or student can pay the semester’s cost in monthly installments.  There is an enrollment fee, but you pay no interest.

Q: Who provides the payment plans?

The College has contracted with Nelnet Business Solutions (NBS) to provide and manage the payment plans.

Q: What types of plans are available?

NBS offers a plan for each semester.  The plan for the fall term starts in June and the plan for the spring term starts in October.  If you do not enroll when the enrollment is open each term, you will need to pay a down payment upon enrollment.

Q: How do I enroll in a payment plan?

Payment plans are managed through CCPay, the College’s online payment and billing system.  Logon to CCPay and click on the menu option “Payment Plan”. (Students are automatically enrolled in CCPay, but they are responsible for giving others access to their College accounts by registering them as authorized payers in CCPay.  The College cannot automatically enroll others due to the U.S. Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act.) See CCPay FAQ for more details.

Q: What if I don’t receive confirmation of enrollment in a payment plan?

If you do not receive confirmation from Nelnet Business Solutions immediately after enrollment, you should contact the Accounting Office.  (See contact information at end of FAQ.)

Q: What if I am not sure how much my financial aid is going to be at the time I set up a payment plan? How will I know how to calculate my payments?

You should calculate the anticipated amount due on the comprehensive fee.  If you receive your tuition bill and find that you have either an insufficient or excess amount budgeted, you can modify the amount by contacting the Bursar by phone or email.  Contact information for the Accounting Office is below.  (You cannot make these modifications via CCPay.)  The Connecticut College student ID number and name must be provided for any adjustments to be processed

Q: What if I change financial institutions or want to assign a different account to my payment plan?

The payer must provide the new account information to NBS at least 10 business days prior to the next effective debit date.  Failure to give notice of 10 business days may result in the incorrect account being debited and a $30 returned check payment fee.  Notification must include the name and address of the new financial institution, your routing number and account number.  Please verify your bank routing number and checking account number with your financial institution.  Failure to do so may result in your payment being returned unpaid by your bank.

Q: What if I need to adjust the monthly payment amount?

The student or authorized owner of the payment plan may adjust the payment amount at any time by contacting the Bursar at least 10 business days prior to the next effective debit date.  The notification should include the new amount to be deducted and the effective date of the new amount.  You must have the student name and ID number in your notification for any adjustments to be processed.  Connecticut College will not make changes to an account without proper authorization.

Q: Are there any fees connected with the payment plans?

Just a non-refundable enrollment fee of $30 each semester when you enroll.  There is no interest, as the payment plan is not a loan.  It is simply an arrangement allowing you to pay in monthly installments.

Q: If I do not choose to participate in a Nelnet payment plan, what other methods of payment are available?

You may pay your fees through CCPay, the College's ebilling system. Payment can also be made at the Accounting Office by cash, check, cashier’s check or money order.  You may also mail any of these forms of payment, except cash.  Please be sure to include the student ID number on any payments/correspondence sent to the College.

Q: What if I … withdraw from Connecticut College? … am not eligible to return to Connecticut College? … am academically suspended?

The Accounting Office is not immediately notified of changes in student status.  If the student withdraws from the College or is academically suspended, the student must notify the Accounting Office in writing 10 business days prior to the next debit date to adjust or cancel the Nelnet Solutions Payment Plan.  Notification may also be mailed to the Bursar.  You must provide the Connecticut College student ID number and the student name for any adjustments to be processed.  Failure to make a change request may result in unnecessary debits being made to the authorized bank account.  If a refund is due, it will be issued according to the College’s refund policy.

Q: How do I contact NBS?


Q: How do I contact the Bursar?

Accounting Office
Connecticut College
270 Mohegan Avenue
New London, CT, 06320