How to Apply
2019 - 2020 Guidelines
Application deadline is October 17, 2019, by 5 p.m. Students may only apply to one academic center.
1. Attend one of the Information Sessions
Information sessions will be held on Tuesday, September 10, 4:30–5:30 or 5:45–6:45. at the Visualization Wall, first floor, Shain Library. Students complete the Preliminary Application form at the application informational session. This does not commit students to proceed with the application process. This form allows the Ammerman Center Staff to assign Faculty Fellows and student application advisers.
If you are unable to attend the information session, please contact Steve Luber, Associate Director, (email@example.com or ext. 2001) to make a preliminary appointment.
2. Meet with Associate Director Steve Luber by September 16.
Steve will review the application process and program requirements and assign each applicant a Faculty Fellow and a student adviser.
3. Meet with assigned Faculty Fellow by September 20. Fellows will discuss areas of research, potential projects and provide direction and feedback on the application essay.
4. Meet with student adviser by September 27. Student advisers can informally help you to navigate the application process. The student adviser will contact the applicant, and meetings will be set up informally, and as necessary throughout the process.
5. Submit a rough draft of the essay to your Faculty Fellow by September 30. Faculty will send feedback by October 7. Multiple meetings or revisions may be helpful as well as visiting the Roth Writing Center.
6. Notify the Ammerman Center about your final intention to apply by October 7. Email Steve, firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. Request recommendations from two Connecticut College faculty members, from two different departments by October 7. Ask them to send the form directly to the Center by October 17.
8. Print an unofficial transcript from Degree Works.
9. Print out one copy of the final application, resume, transcript and essay. Applicants must have his or her advisor’s signature on the application in order to submit for consideration by the Center.
10. Mail the signed copy to Campus Box 5233, and email all documents to Steve Luber (email@example.com) by October 17.
A complete application to the Center must include the following:
- Application form signed by your Faculty Fellow
- Essay, typed, double-spaced, 3 to 5 pages in length
- 2 recommendation forms completed by Connecticut College faculty (sent by faculty)
The Ammerman Center will review and consider all complete applications. Students will be notified of acceptance into the program by November 1.
2019 - 2020 Deadlines
September 10: Attend Information Session
September 16: Individual Appointments with Assistant Director
September 20: Meet with assigned Faculty Fellow(s)
September 27: Meet with student advisor
September 30: Submit rough draft of the essay to Faculty Fellow
October 7 : Notify Center of intention to apply
October 7: Request Faculty Recommendations
October 17: Submit Complete Application
November 1: Notification of Acceptance