How to Apply
2017 - 2018 Guidelines<H/4>
Interested students submit applications to the Ammerman Center in the fall. The deadline for applying in the 2017-2018 academic year is October 18, 2017 by 5 p.m. Students may only apply to only one academic center.
- Attend one of the Information Sessions and submit the statement of interest form
2017 Information sessions will be held on Wednesday, September 6, 2017 at 4:30 - 5:30 OR 5:30 - 6:30 p.m. at the Visualization Wall, 1st Floor, Shain Library.
Applying students complete the Preliminary Application form at the application informational session. This does not commit students to proceed with the application process. It does allow the Ammerman Center Staff to assign you a Faculty Fellow and student application adviser.If you are unable to attend the information session, please contact Libby Friedman, Assistant Director, (email@example.com) to make a preliminary appointment.
- Meet with Assistant Director, Libby Friedman by September 15. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Ammerman Center staff will review the application process and assign each applicant to a Faculty Fellow. Fellows will serve as advisers, will discuss research areas and provide guidance and feedback on the application essay.In addition, applicants will be matched with a student adviser. These current student scholars will informally help you to navigate the application process.
- Students must meet their assigned Faculty Fellow by September 22, to discuss intention to apply, the application and essay.
- A rough draft of the essay must be submitted to your Faculty Fellow by September 29.
- Notify the Ammerman Center about your intention to apply by October 6. Email Libby Friedman, email@example.com.
- Request recommendations from two Connecticut College faculty members, from two different departments by October 6. Ask them to send the recommendation directly to the Center, by October 18.
- Print out an unofficial transcript from Degree Works.
- Print the completed Certificate Program application. Applicants must sign and have the Faculty Fellow's signature on the application in order to be considered complete by the Center.
- Send the signed copy to Campus Box 5365 and email all documents to Libby Friedman, Assistant Director (firstname.lastname@example.org) by October 18.
A complete application to the Center must include the following:
- Application form signed by student and Faculty Fellow.
- Essay, typed, double-spaced, 3 to 5 pages in length
- 2 recommendation forms completed by Connecticut College faculty (Sent by faculty directly to email@example.com).
The Ammerman Center reviews all applications. Students will be notified of acceptance into the program by November 3, 2017.