How to Apply
2020 - 2021 Guidelines
Application deadline is October 15, 2020, by 5 p.m. Students may only apply to one academic center.
1. Attend one of the Information Sessions
Information sessions will be held on Thursday, September 10, 6:30–7:30pm EST or Monday, September 14, 8:15–9:15pm EST via Zoom. Students complete the Preliminary Application form at the application informational session. This does not commit students to proceed with the application process. This form allows the Ammerman Center Staff to assign Faculty Fellows and student application advisers.
If you are unable to attend the information session, please contact Steve Luber, Associate Director, (email@example.com or ext. 2001) to make a preliminary appointment.
2. Meet with Associate Director Steve Luber by September 16.
Steve will review the application process and program requirements and assign each applicant a Faculty Fellow and a student adviser.
3. Meet with assigned Faculty Fellow by September 20. Fellows will discuss areas of research, potential projects and provide direction and feedback on the application essay.
4. Meet with student adviser by September 27. Student advisers can informally help you to navigate the application process. The student adviser will contact the applicant, and meetings will be set up informally, and as necessary throughout the process.
5. Submit a rough draft of the essay to your Faculty Fellow by September 30. Faculty will send feedback by October 7. Multiple meetings or revisions may be helpful as well as visiting the Roth Writing Center.
6. Notify the Ammerman Center about your final intention to apply by October 7. Email Steve, firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. Request recommendations from two Connecticut College faculty members, from two different departments by October 1. Ask them to send the form directly to the Center by October 15.
8. Print an unofficial transcript from DegreeWorks.
9. Complete the online application via Google Forms by October 15. [link to be posted soon].
A complete application to the Center must include the following:
- Online application
- Essay, typed, double-spaced, 3 to 5 pages in length; uploaded via Google Form
- Two (2) recommendation forms completed by Connecticut College faculty (sent by faculty)
The Ammerman Center will review and consider all complete applications. Students will be notified of acceptance into the program by November 2.
2020 - 2021 Deadlines
September 10: Attend Information Session
September 16: Individual Appointments with Assistant Director
September 20: Meet with assigned Faculty Fellow(s)
September 27: Meet with student advisor
September 30: Submit rough draft of the essay to Faculty Fellow
October 7 : Notify Center of intention to apply
October 1: Request Faculty Recommendations
October 15: Submit Complete Application
November 2: Notification of Acceptance