How to Apply
2021 - 2022 Guidelines
Application deadline is October 14, 2021, by 5 p.m. Students may only apply to one academic center.
1. Attend one of the Information Sessions
Information sessions will be held on Tuesday, September 14 at 5:45pm. Students complete the Preliminary Application form at the application informational session. This does not commit students to proceed with the application process. This form allows the Ammerman Center Staff to assign Faculty Fellows and student application advisers.
If you are unable to attend the information session, please contact Steve Luber, Associate Director, (firstname.lastname@example.org or ext. 2001) to make a preliminary appointment.
2. Meet with Associate Director Steve Luber by September 24.
Steve will review the application process and program requirements and assign each applicant a Faculty Fellow and a student adviser.
3. Meet with assigned Faculty Fellow by October 1. Fellows will discuss areas of research, potential projects and provide direction and feedback on the application essay.
4. Meet with student adviser by October 1. Student advisers can informally help you to navigate the application process. The student adviser will contact the applicant, and meetings will be set up informally, and as necessary throughout the process.
5. Submit a rough draft of the essay to your Faculty Fellow by October 4. Faculty will send feedback by October 7. Multiple meetings or revisions may be helpful as well as visiting the Roth Writing Center.
6. Notify the Ammerman Center about your final intention to apply by October 8. Email Steve, email@example.com.
7. Request recommendations from two Connecticut College faculty members, from two different departments by October 1. Ask them to complete this form directly to the Center by October 14.
8. Print an unofficial transcript from DegreeWorks.
9. Complete the online application via Google Forms by October 14.
A complete application to the Center must include the following:
- Online application
- Two (2) recommendation forms completed by Connecticut College faculty (completed by faculty)
The Ammerman Center will review and consider all complete applications. Students will be notified of acceptance into the program by November 1.
2021 - 2022 Deadlines
September 14: Attend Information Session
September 24: Individual Appointments with Assistant Director
October 1: Meet with assigned Faculty Fellow(s)
Meet with student advisor
Request Faculty Recommendations
October 4: Submit rough draft of the essay to Faculty Fellow
October 8 : Notify Center of intention to apply
October 14: Submit Complete Application
November 1: Notification of Acceptance