How to Apply
2018 - 2019 Guidelines
Interested students submit applications to the Ammerman Center in the fall. The deadline for applying in the 2018-2019 academic year is October 18, 2018 by 5 p.m. Students may only apply to only one academic center.
- Attend one of the Information Sessions and submit the statement of interest form
2018 Information sessions will be held on Tuesday, September 11, 2018 at 4:30 - 5:30 OR 5:45 - 6:45 p.m. at the Visualization Wall, 1st Floor, Shain Library.
Applying students complete the Preliminary Application form at the application informational session. This does not commit students to proceed with the application process. It does allow the Ammerman Center Staff to assign you a Faculty Fellow and student application adviser.If you are unable to attend the information session, please contact Assistant Director at firstname.lastname@example.org to make a preliminary appointment.
- Meet with Assistant Director by September 14. Email email@example.com for appointment.
Ammerman Center staff will review the application process and assign each applicant to a Faculty Fellow. Fellows will serve as advisers, will discuss research areas and provide guidance and feedback on the application essay.In addition, applicants will be matched with a student adviser. These current student scholars will informally help you to navigate the application process.
- Students must contact and meet their assigned Faculty Fellow by September 21, to discuss intention to apply, the application and essay.
- Submit a rough draft of the essay to your Faculty Fellow by September 28.
- Notify the Ammerman Center by email, to firstname.lastname@example.org about your intention to apply by September 28.
- Request recommendations from two Connecticut College faculty members, from two different departments by October 5. Ask them to send the recommendation directly to the Center, by October 18.
- Print out an unofficial transcript from Degree Works.
- Print the completed Certificate Program application. Applicants must sign and have the Faculty Fellow's signature on the application in order to be considered complete by the Center.
- Send the signed copy to Campus Box 5365 and email all documents to the Ammerman Center at email@example.com by October 18.
A complete application to the Center must include the following:
- Application form signed by student and Faculty Fellow.
- Essay, typed, double-spaced, 3 to 5 pages in length
- 2 recommendation forms completed by Connecticut College faculty (Sent by faculty directly to firstname.lastname@example.org).
The Ammerman Center reviews all applications. Students will be notified of acceptance into the program by November 2, 2018.
2018 - 2019 Deadlines
September 11: Attend Information Session
September 14: Individual Appointments with Assistant Director
September 21: Meet with assigned Faculty Advisor(s)
September 28: Submit rough draft of the essay to Faculty Advisor
September 28: Meet with Career Office Advisor
September 28: Notify Center of intention to apply
October 5: Request Faculty Recommendations
October 18: Submit Complete Application
November 2: Notification of Acceptance