- Structure and Mechanistic Studies on Firefly Luciferase (with Andrew Gulick, Hauptman-Woodward Institute)
Pictured above, two conformations of P. pyralis luciferase provided by Andrew Gulick. At left, Luciferase-DLSA in Adenylation Conformation and at right, BMOE Cross-Linked Luciferase-DLSA in Oxidation Conf 2
- Development of Chimeric Luciferases with Enhanced Activity and Stability
- Biochemical Basis for the Enhanced Properties of Chimeric Luciferases
- Directed Evolution Studies to Produce Optimized Luciferase-Substrate Analog Systems
- Development of nearIR emitting Nanomaterials (with Mat Maye, Syracuse University)
- Biochemical Characterization of Chaetopterus Bioluminescence (with Dimitri Deheyn, Scripps Oceanographic Institution)
The above images of Chaetopterus Variopeditus were provided by Dmitri Deheyn.
- Bioanalytical Applications of Luciferase Variants (with Aldo Roda, University of Bologna)
- Development of Luciferase “Turn On” Biosensors for Biothiols
Pictured above from left to right: BRG members 2016, Catherine Florentine, Demetria DeBartolo, Emma Henricks, Bruce Branchini, Franceine Welcome, and Tara Southworth. Not pictured: Danielle Fontaine.