Student Health Services is a licensed, outpatient clinic attending to the immediate primary health needs of all matriculated Connecticut College students. Our purpose is to help students maintain optimal general health through the disciplines of physical and mental health, and health education around lifestyle choices. This is accomplished through a full-time staff and a variety of professional consultants in many disciplines. All professional services are delivered with attention to confidentiality. In the event of a serious illness or injury, parents or guardian will be notified at the discretion of the staff.
Students now have the ability to schedule appointments online 24/7 through the Connecticut College Student Health Services electronic health records system called PyraMed.
Students may access the system through the the web portal at: http://connc.studenthealthportal.com
Once at this site, you can click on “Appt. Scheduling” and find a time to come in that fits into your schedule.
Students may also make an appointment by calling 860-439-2275.
Walk-ins will be accommodated to the best of our ability, but please expect extended waiting times if you do not have an appointment.
Hours (during the academic year)
Student Health Services Administrative Hours 8:30 - 5:00
Clinical Hours (Appointments for Students)
|Monday||9:00 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.|
|Tuesday||9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.|
|Wednesday||9:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.|
|Thursday||9:00 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.|
|Friday||12:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.|
We offer the following services:
- Urgent and primary care (including GYN) visits with nurse practitioners
- MD appointments onsite ($100 consultation fee, $60 follow-up)*
- Prescription delivery from a local pharmacy
- Physicals for sports/travel/study abroad
- Specialist referrals
- Health promotion programs and information
- Routine laboratory tests onsite; labs not processed here are sent to Backus Hospital outpatient lab and will be billed to your insurance
- A limited number of common medications without added charge
- Travel immunizations and information
- LGBTQIA inclusive patient-centered care
- HIV counseling and testing
- Sexually transmitted infection screening and treatment
- Contraceptive counseling with a full range of onsite options available
- Emergency contraception (EC). For further information on EC you may look at www.not-2-late.com
- Prescription delivery from a local pharmacy. Ongoing RX from home can be transferred to the Medicine Shoppe Pharmacy in New London (860-442-0669) by using the Prescription Transfer Form and can be delivered in a timely manner.
- Medication for Attention Deficit Disorder may be monitored and refilled at SHS with appropriate documentation (see forms for ADD meds).
*Students with private insurance may visit our web portal, https://connc.studenthealthportal.com, and follow these steps to print a receipt to submit to their carrier for any reimbursement:
- Register for an account if you have not previously done so (an email will be sent to your Connecticut College email account with a temporary password)
- Sign in
- Click on Appointment Scheduling
- Click on View Appointments
- Click on Previous Appointments
- Choose the appropriate receipt and print
Medical Excuse Policy
Health Services does not provide students with notes to take to their faculty confirming medical treatment. Issues of developmental, privacy and workload factors inform this policy. Students are responsible for providing faculty the grounds for the absences, and for conforming to the attendance requirements of particular courses. Students, like the rest of us, are protected from having medical information released without their permission. At the time of treatment, students are encouraged to email their professors regarding their absence and "cc" us in the note. That allows us to confirm the visit and speak to faculty if requested.
Students under treatment for health reasons outside of Student Health Services (SHS) may bring documentation to SHS to be submitted to their health record. This documentation will assist in the support SHS may offer to the dean regarding missed classes/work. FERPA / HIPPA privacy act