The Customer Service Center
The Customer Service Center, located in the Service Building on south campus, receives all requests for maintenance and repair of College facilities.
Submitting a request for service (non-emergencies)
- Members of the College community should submit a request for non-emergency services through the online Service Request form (found in CamelWeb under Campus Services).
- Other individuals: call (860) 439-2253. The phone is monitored continuously during normal working hours. After hours send an email to email@example.com.
Emergency after hours, weekends and holidays:
- Call Campus Safety at ext. 2222. If the situation warrants, Campus Safety will recall a mechanic for emergency repair service.
When submitting a request you will need to include the following:
- Name (will be supplied automatically if using the on-line Service Request)
- Address (building or dorm) where service is requested
- Room number or area of building (if applicable)
- Your phone number
- Exact location of problem
- Exact nature of problem
- Permission to enter (automatic when leaving request)
- Pets on or in premises
What we can't help you with:
- Vending Machines: Report problems to Dining Services, Ext. 2750
- Phones: Report problems to Ext. 3663 or HELP (Ext. 4357)
- Cable TV and/or Computers: Call HELP (Ext. 4357)
- Dorm/Residence Hall/Housefellow Supplies: Vacuum cleaners are available from each residence hall Housefellow, as are toilet paper, bug spray, extra light bulbs and window screens.
- Support for special events: All requests for event support are coordinated through the Office of Events and Catering (ext. 2837)