How do I apply for a personal leave?

If you want to take some time off for contemplation, the chance to travel, or to take an interesting job for a brief time, you should discuss your plans with your adviser and then notify your dean. Personal leaves must be approved by your adviser, the Committee on Academic Standing, and your dean.

Are there circumstances in which a personal leave might not be approved?

Only students in good academic standing (i.e., not on probation) may take academic leaves. Students on probation who wish to take time off must voluntarily withdraw from the College.

May I take college courses while I am on leave?

You may not transfer credits for courses you take while on personal leave. Transfer credit is granted only for courses taken while on approved study away programs or medical leave.