The mission of the Connecticut College Women’s Center is to educate, advocate, and create an environment where historically marginalized identities are discussed critically and openly celebrated. As a community, we place the praxis of feminist intersectionality and social justice at the center and strive to represent the diverse and evolving needs of all individuals in relation to the vast spectrum of gender.
We manifest our mission by:
- Engaging the community through programs, resource referral, and services.
- Fostering an environment that offers a safe space for discussing issues related to gender equity.
- Recruiting student staff members who are knowledgeable about the many issues we seek to address.
- Celebrating the accomplishments of Women and empowering students across multiple identities to engage in dialogue.
- Collaborating with various student organizations, offices, and academic departments to build solidarity within the Connecticut College and local New London community.
We are located on the garden level of Smith House.
For more information about our events and services or to get on our mailing list please email firstname.lastname@example.org or like us on Facebook.