Q: When do I move in, and what are the dates of Orientation?

Orientation begins Thurs., January 21. Here is information about local accommodations should your family members need lodging.

Q: How is housing determined?

We'll use your answers on the Student Housing Form, My Housing, in the online Enrollment Guide to assign you a room.

Q: What is life on campus like and what student organizations can I join?

You'll find a diverse array of organizations, clubs, teams, performance groups and activities at Connecticut College, all of which are happy to welcome new members. We encourage midyear students to check out our student activities and organizations page and get involved!

Q: Are there any opportunities on campus that midyears should take advantage of right away?

We strongly encourage all midyear students to dive right into life at Connecticut College by joining extracurricular clubs, organizations and teams. Once you have your Conn email and ID, go to ConnQuest to check them out! 

Our students find the guidance they receive from the Hale Center for Career Development to be extremely helpful. During midyear orientation you will meet a career adviser and learn about the steps needed to take towards your funded internship in the summer after your junior year. 

We also encourage midyear students to check out the opportunities offered by the centers, the College's certificate programs, in international studies, arts and technology, public policy and environmental studie. If you are transferring as a second-semester first-year student or a first-semester sophomore, you may still be eligible to apply for affiliation with one of these centers. There is also a fifth center dedicated to the comparative study of race and ethnicity which offers affiliation but no certificate. Last but not least, the museum studies program, though not a center of study, offers a certificate.

Q: What are the dining halls and meal plan like?

Students residing on campus are automatically enrolled in a meal plan that allows them use their Connecticut College Camel Card I.D. card to eat in the dining halls as many times as they want in a single day. Harris Refectory, the College's largest dining hall, is located in north campus and is attached to a group of six residence halls known as the "Plex." A smaller, more homey dining hall is located in Jane Addams House (JA). Both dining halls are buffet-style and offer a wide range of selections including vegan and vegetarian options. Also, there is a  feature in Humphrey's Pub in the College Center where students can swipe their card and get quick lunch options on class days. Dining Services offers more specific information on the hours and menus of our dining locations.

Q: What types of advising are available for midyears?

Connecticut College's close-knit campus community ensures that all students, including midyear students, have access to the advising and mentoring they need to make the most out of their Connecticut College experience. If you are a first-year student academic advising is available from your class dean who also serves as your instructor of your first-year seminar. If you are a transfer student, your class dean, will be available to advise as well as faculty adviser who comes from the department in which we think you are most likely to major. Learn more about academic advising.

A specially selected and trained upper-level student will also be assigned to you. He or she will be available to answer questions during midyear orientation, your first few weeks and throughout the year.

Many students find mentors and support in other places such as the Academic Resource CenterStudent Counseling Services, Race and Ethnicity Programs at Unity House and the LGBTQ Resource Center, just to name a few. Advisers in the Hale Center for Career Development will help you prepare for funded internships and life after college.