Student Counseling Services Hours
|Monday||8:30 a.m.- 6 p.m.|
|Tuesday||8:30 a.m.- 6 p.m.|
|Wednesday||8:30 a.m.- 6 p.m.|
|Thursday||8:30 a.m.- 6 p.m.|
|Friday||8:30 a.m.- 5 p.m.|
About Student Counseling Services
Our goal is to enhance each individual's ability to learn, to create and to be fully participating members of the College community by utilizing safe, culturally sensitive and inclusive approaches to mental health treatment. Care is provided in a safe and compassionate atmosphere at no cost to the student.
Some students come only once or twice to discuss something that concerns them, while others may require more ongoing care. The counselors also consult with students, faculty, staff or family members if they are concerned about a specific student, or how to speak to a specific student.
*Connecticut College Student Counseling Services has been accredited by the International Association of Counseling Services (IACS) since 2005.
We provide students with a wide range of outpatient clinical services in a safe, compassionate atmosphere including:
- Individual and group counseling (see Support Groups and Events)
- Psychopharmacological evaluation and medication management
- Crisis intervention services
- Outreach, consultation, and Gatekeeper Training to the College community
- Psycho-educational forums
- Referral to off-campus clinicians for specialized and/or intensive treatment
- Light therapy
|Some of the student concerns that can be addressed in treatment include:|
|Alcohol/substance use & abuse||Self-esteem|
|Sexuality||Problems in living|
|Adjustment issues||Identity issues|
|Sexual assault||Other mental health issues|