About Student Counseling Services
Our goal is to enhance each individual's ability to learn, to create and to be fully participating members of the College community by utilizing safe, culturally sensitive and inclusive approaches to mental health treatment. Care is provided in a safe and compassionate atmosphere at no cost to the student.
Some students come only once or twice to discuss something that concerns them, while others may require more ongoing care. The counselors also consult with students, faculty, staff or family members if they are concerned about a specific student, or how to speak to a specific student.
*Connecticut College Student Counseling Services has been accredited by the International Accreditation of Counseling Services (IACS) since 2005.
Break and After-Hours Mental Health Care
- On-campus students experiencing an emergency should call Campus Safety at (860) 439-2222.
- Off-campus students experiencing an emergency should call their local emergency services at 911 or the appropriate emergency resource number for their location.
- You can reach the service by calling (860) 439-4587 and pressing option 2.
- This is a telephone-based mental health service that is available to all students in need of access to mental health support when Student Counseling Services is not open.
- Through TELUS Health, you may request a lived experience counselor match at any time. They will work to pair you with a counselor who has self-identified as sharing experiences or specializations associated with ethnicity, gender, language, geography, religion, age and more.
- This service provides students with access to an off-site counselor who will provide support at any time during the evening, weekend or break.
- Through the app, you can call or chat with a Student Support Counselor 24/7 in real time or schedule a telephone or video session that fits your schedule. My SSP provides support in the event of a personal crisis and also connects students with providers, offering both short and long-term counseling.
- You can browse a digital library of helpful articles and videos.
- Or, you can call them directly at (866) 743-7732 (If calling from outside North America, dial 001-416-380-6578).
- The services offered through this app are paid for by Connecticut College.
We provide students with a wide range of outpatient clinical services in a safe, compassionate atmosphere including:
- Mental health evaluations
- Individual and group counseling (see Support Groups and Events)
- Psychiatric evaluation and medication management
- Crisis intervention
- Outreach and consultation
- Referral to off-campus clinicians
- Access to 24/7 mental health care
- Adjustment issues
- Alcohol/substance use and abuse
- Compulsions and obsessions
- Eating concerns/body issues
- Family issues
- Identity exploration
- Relationship/roommate issues
- Other mental health issues
Student Counseling Services does not charge for counseling appointments however there is a $25 fee for appointments canceled without 24-hour notice or no-shows. Students who schedule with our psychiatric APRN will be billed $240 for the initial evaluation and $152 for follow-up appointments during the same academic year (a $10 co-pay for those on the Student Health Insurance Plan). Students who cancel without 24-hour notice or do not show for their appointment with the psychiatric APRN will be billed the full amount of the visit.
|Some of the student concerns that can be addressed in treatment include:|
|Alcohol/substance use & abuse||Self-esteem|
|Sexuality||Problems in living|
|Adjustment issues||Identity issues|
|Sexual assault||Other mental health issues|
If you prefer to see a clinician off-campus, please try out our new provider directory at conncoll.thrivingcampus.com
Student Counseling Services Hours During the Academic Year
|Monday||8:30 a.m.- 6 p.m.|
|Tuesday||8:30 a.m.- 6 p.m.|
|Wednesday||8:30 a.m.- 6 p.m.|
|Thursday||8:30 a.m.- 6 p.m.|
|Friday||8:30 a.m.- 5 p.m.|