What type of courses does the history department offer you?
All junior and senior history majors take small seminars of 10-15 students in their area of specialization, engaging with fellow students and professors on important historical texts and vital historical issues.
Consult the online course catalog for course listings, course descriptions.
As an overview, here are some course examples:
- The Colonial History Of North America
- The American Revolutionary Era
- The Civil War And Reconstruction
- "Race" In Colonial Latin America
- Reformation And Counter-Reformation
- Globalization of Urban Poverty
- South Asia in the Postcolonial World
- History of Hip-Hop Music and Culture in Post-Industrial America, 1973-Present
- The USSR: 1917 to the Present
- The Modern Middle East
- African Civilizations to 1870
- Saltwater Japan
- World War I and the Making of the Modern World
- Sex and the State: the Politics of Gender and Intimacy in the United States, 1970-2000
- Globalizing Chinese Activism
- Big History: Big Bang to the Future
- Latinos in the United States