It's summer at Connecticut College! Our fantastic blog team has left campus for the break. They're off to internships, jobs and a few months of well-deserved relaxation. Although our team may share photos or quick updates over the next few months, the ConnCollegeLive Experience will be taking a break for the summer. We'll be up and running again in September.
In our inaugural year, our team of nine students produced over 130 posts. Through photography, words and video, our blog team captured their experiences in classes, with their advisers, meeting their roommates and making their mark on campus.
Highlights of this first year include the following posts.
- Alexis Cheney '16 took part in the first ever Pre-Floralia 5K Color Run and reflected on her class trip to the United Nations.
- Laura Cianciolo '16 attended President Bergeron's first Q&A and captured beautiful scenes of winter snowfall with her camera.
- Matteo Mobilio '16 recorded the excitement of dance fitness classes and importance of Curricular reVision Week on film.
- Kurt Reinmund '15 took viewers behind the scenes of the Martial Arts Club, then wrote about his study abroad experience from Prague.
- Calli Reynolds '17 took part in her first Eclipse Weekend, a Connecticut College tradition filled with dance, history and alumni connections. As a first-year student, she came to realize that age doesn't really matter in college.
- CJ Robinson '16 wrote about his experience at the “Speak Up and Take Rape Culture Down” conference, and shared his favorite meals from Smith Dining Hall.
- Miguel Salcedo '14 captured photographs of his experience as a studio art major, showing late nights in Cummings Arts Center and life in the senior studio.
- Dana Sorkin '16 recorded her experiences as a first-time cast member of the Vagina Monologues, and as member of the Women's Rugby team.
- Marina Stuart '16 explored the history of Mamacoke Island, part of the Arboretum, and catalogued her excitement to study abroad in Scotland next fall.
The ConnCollegeLive Experience also included guest posts by Oliver Ames '17 about his involvement with TEDxConnecticutCollege, Yumi Kovic '14 about her science tutoring and Patty Shields '14, who reflected on her week at ESPN during the Super Bowl.
Have an idea for a guest post? Interested in writing, photographing or making videos as a Class of 2018 Camel? Send an email!